Sunday, January 30, 2011
OSyS to Provide Cyprus Airways with Analytical Tools to Advance Fuel Efficiency and Emissions Management
RESTON, Va. - Thursday, January 27th 2011 [ME NewsWire]
(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Optimized Systems and Solutions Inc. (OSyS) has been awarded a five-year contract to help Cyprus Airways improve fuel efficiency and establish effective emissions monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) across its operation. Cyprus Airways is a new customer for OSyS, adding to the growing number of airline customers with fleets that range from large to small who benefit from the OSyS solutions.
“Efficient fuel consumption is of vital importance to Cyprus Airways in reducing fuel expenditure and minimizing our environmental impact,” said George Mavrocostas, CEO of Cyprus Airways. “The OSyS solution will give us a much greater understanding of our fuel usage. That provides a better foundation to make educated and informed decisions and enables more effective management of our fuel-conservation and environmental compliance initiatives.”
“In a competitive market with ever-increasing fuel prices, how to ensure optimized fuel efficiency for the long term is just as critical to airlines as how to save costs in the short term,” stated Mark Goodhind, Customer Business Director – Aviation for OSyS. “Our fuel management and emissions MRV solutions are a combination of data quality management, analysis expertise and reporting that deliver a competitive advantage for our customers. Cyprus Airways is the latest airline to realize the benefits of this innovative solution and it is great to have them on board.”
Because fuel costs rank among the major operating expenses for airlines, profitability can be increased by reducing fuel usage. OSyS’ solutions enable Cyprus Airways to reconcile actual operational usage against plan, quantify good and bad practices, and communicate them throughout the organization to effect change. Gaining greater control over fuel usage in this way provides additional fuel gains and identifies new saving opportunities for the airlines.
In addition, OSyS’ ETS (European Trading System) MRV solution positions the airline to meet, and go beyond, initial emission compliance requirements to the next steps of cost optimization and long-term decision support regarding carbon-credit trading.
NOTES to Editors:
1. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce plc with more than 400 employees in the U.S., U.K., Qatar and Singapore. Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) delivers software and services that reduce operating costs and optimize the availability of high-value equipment. OSyS solutions use customers’ asset-related data to enhance business performance.
2. OSyS has more than a decade of experience providing proven, mature processes and tools such as integrated electronic process safety management systems and equipment health management, to a worldwide customer base that includes Fortune 100 companies.
3. OSyS’ software engineering and information technology expertise, combined with extensive domain knowledge and proven processes, enables customers to be more proactive, make more-informed decisions and prevent costly problems. OSyS helps customers reduce risk to ensure safe, compliant and profitable operations and enjoy a predictive edge.
4. OSyS delivers consultancy, solution-driven and managed services to customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit the OSyS web site at www.o-sys.com.
5. Cyprus Airways (Public) Ltd is the national airline of Cyprus, established in 1947. It operates scheduled services from Cyprus to destinations in Europe and the Middle East.
Optimized Systems and Solutions Inc.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Tel: +1 703 889 1329
Fax: +1 703 889 1359